When booking a fishing trip to remember, you need to know the facts:
Not all charter boats in our area operate on the high level of ethics that we do (unfortunately). It is important to know before you book and shop for the best price (yes, we price match too!):
- Captain Steve is on the water daily, sometimes running 2 to 3 trips each day. This allows him and his crew to know exactly where the fish are biting and put you on the bite before other boats. (Think the movie “Groundhog Day”)
- Captain Steve is a FULL-TIME charter boat captain (one of very few in area). He does not have the distractions of a day job and his passion is putting people on fish and an all-around good time on the water! He’s been on the water all week with customers and knows where the fish are biting and knows what the fish are biting. This allows Captain Steve to put you on the fish sooner. Time is money. Spend less time looking and more time catching!
- In most cases you will speak directly with Captain Steve when booking the trip or one of his highly qualified crew. He is not a booking service that puts you on any boat with a grumpy captain and simply takes a cut of the money. You will be fishing with a Fanntastic Fishing Coast Guard Certified Captain on Captain Steve’s boats using Captain Steve’s tackle and Captain Steve’s bait unless you require multi-boat charter. (Do you get the message?)
- The boat, tackle and equipment are all top notch to ensure that every opportunity counts. Captain Steve takes pride in his charter service and puts his reputation on the line with each charter.
- Captain Steve does not work with a booking service that takes enormous fees. He books all trips himself and relies heavily on repeat customers. This ensures you get the most quality fishing trip every time you book!
- Many charter boats here sell your fish, BEWARE! All fish you catch within regulations are yours to keep. Captain/crew clean and pack the fish nicely for you. The captain likes to practice catch and release with certain species but you have the final say on all your catches, within regulations.
- Captain Steve does not get mad or turn into Captain Ahab at the first lost fish or broken tackle. We have heard horror stories about other guides around here. He is very easy-going and looks forward to fishing with you and giving you the experience of a lifetime. Captain David even allows you up in the bridge to see the bite!
- Captain Steve offers charters specifically tailored to small children so as to introduce our future anglers to the best sport in the world. Captain Steve takes great pride in keeping children engaged throughout the trip. Captain Steve would be honored to put your child on the fish of a lifetime.
Don’t leave your fishing adventure to chance, only to it turn into a bad day on the water. Sadly, our competitors don’t always put their clients first, which led to many or our current customers to choose Captain Steve instead of returning to those local services. Captain Steve is very passionate about his guide service and he strives to exceed all expectations from the moment you meet to the end of the day and our personal service doesn’t stop there.
Rates are based on a maximum of 6 people (by law we can only take six passengers. If your party is larger, we have boats that handle up to 20 and up to 60.) Please call us for Large Group Charters.
Private Sportfishing Charters (Up To 6)
- Full Day – 8 Hours (Most Popular) $1400
- ¾ Day – 6 Hours – $900
- ½ Day – 4 Hours – $650
Our rates include all tackle needed, licenses, dead baits, certain live baits* and parking.
*(certain live baits cannot be caught during your trip and are sold at a cost of $100 per dozen)
- 4 hour trips: 8 am and 1 pm
- 6 hour trips: 7 am and 1 pm
- 8 hour trips: 7 am or 8 am
The times listed above are generally when we go, but we will do “whatever it takes”, so if you need different times to fit your schedule, just let us know.
Shared Sportfishing Charters (Up to 6 People):
- $180/person (must book online HERE)
Drift Fishing Charters (Up to 60 People):
- $45/person (must book online HERE)
Some Tips for the Charter
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your trip time. Call the Captain if you are going to be late.
- Bring hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, jacket (depending on weather), food and drinks (beer ok, no glass please). You can bring a small to medium cooler or use ours.
- Wear comfortable shoes with non-marking soles. Ladies, high heels are not a good choice.
- You may not get seasick. However, it’s good to prepare! Dramamine, Bonine or other oral sea sickness pills, Transderm (See your Dr to get) and other non sea-sick products will do the job. If you even think you will get sea sick, take the product the night before so it’s working when you get to the boat. We suggest you have a light breakfast. Transderm is the best!
- Camera! Video and or still pictures can capture your experience. Don’t forget it!
- Bring Zip Locks if you want to take some of your catch home. The captain will clean your catch and provide you with filets to take home or to the restaurant next door to be prepared for you.
- Tipping is complimentary. 15-20% is customary for the Mate. He basically works for tips.
- We encourage family fishing. If you are bringing children that you want in a life vest, please bring something they can wear comfortably. The vests we have are Coast Guard regulation. The are big and bulky, the kids hate them. They DO like the loud whistle attached though…
- Food and beverage packages are available for those that don’t wish to shop. We can have everything waiting for you on board when you arrive. Inquire for pricing and details.
- We offer more than just fishing trips. Our boat is available for waterway cruises, sight seeing, cocktail and dinner cruises.
- We can arrange large group, corporate charters with multiple boats if needed. Call us for details.