There are so many wonderful things to say about Fort Lauderdale.
One of the major things that separates Fort Lauderdale from the average run of the mill fishing destinations is how close to shore the big game sportfish are. Your boat ride is about 15 minutes and you are ready to put the lines in!
Once the lines are in you are fishing for Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, big Sharks and many other sought after big game species. If you want to target a specific species, let the captain know. He may troll for Dolphin (Mahi-mahi), Wahoo or King Mackerel; kite fishing with live bait for Sailfish and Shark. Deep dropping for Snapper and Grouper is another option in our forte.
Some Tips for the Charter
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your trip time. Call the Captain if you are going to be late.
- Bring hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, jacket (depending on weather), food and drinks (beer ok, no glass please). You can bring a small to medium cooler or use ours.
- Wear comfortable shoes with non-marking soles. Ladies, high heels are not a good choice.
- You may not get seasick. However, it’s good to prepare! Dramamine, Bonine or other oral sea sickness pills, Transderm (See your Dr to get) and other non sea-sick products will do the job. If you even think you will get sea sick, take the product the night before so it’s working when you get to the boat. We suggest you have a light breakfast. Transderm is the best!
- Camera! Video and or still pictures can capture your experience. Don’t forget it!
- Bring Zip Locks if you want to take some of your catch home. The captain will clean your catch and provide you with filets to take home or to the restaurant next door to be prepared for you.
- Tipping is complimentary. 15-20% is customary for the Mate. He basically works for tips.
- We encourage family fishing. If you are bringing children that you want in a life vest, please bring something they can wear comfortably. The vests we have are Coast Guard regulation. The are big and bulky, the kids hate them. They DO like the loud whistle attached though…
- Food and beverage packages are available for those that don’t wish to shop. We can have everything waiting for you on board when you arrive. Inquire for pricing and details.
- We offer more than just fishing trips. Our boat is available for waterway cruises, sight seeing, cocktail and dinner cruises.
- We can arrange large group, corporate charters with multiple boats if needed. Call us for details.